Friday, January 14, 2011

Date Blogging

Tonight, I bring to you, the "Blogcast" of one of the few dates my wife and I have had since the birth of our son, Drew. Drew will turn one this year, and it has been an amazing year. We are constantly amazed and awestruck at the miracle that Drew is. Everyday he grows smarter, funnier, stronger and slowly more independent. It has been a blessing bringing him into this world. We do not go out often, because we love being around him, but like any human being, we need time out of the house. This, is one of those precious times that we spend together. And, I must brag just a bit, this is one of the creative ideas that I HAD!! I don't brag too much, because, as my wife will tell you, I am not the most creative and romantic person in the world. So, when I do have a good idea, I hold on to it, and I tell people about it. For this date that I have put together, we are sitting at the Mud House, drinking coffee, in front of our laptops. Some would say, that's not much of a date, kinda lame there chub-o. Well, once you understand the thought behind the date premise, then you will see the romance blossom. My wife and I have taken up blogging as of late, she is much better at it than me, as she is in most things. But usually this time is reserved for late at night, before we go to bed, and we don't really share much together. Usually I am doing something else, and because I am impatient, I get distracted and sometimes "huffy" by her wanting to show me things. So I said, hey, why don't we go out and do this, and we can talk, not talk, she can help me out getting my blog set up, and we will actually enjoy ourselves. ROMANCE ACHIEVED!!!

We have sat here for, about an hour and a half, and I have enjoyed every minute next to her. She shows me things that are funny and laughs. She is stress free and smiling, and that makes me smile. I love that we can enjoy something so simple, and it mean so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment